April 9, 2017

2017 Chicago Media List 🗞 Free for Activists

My 300+ contact chicago media list is free to protest organizers and grassroots groups without significant funding.




The 2017 Chicago Media List includes:


  • 300 Chicago journalist contacts including reporters and editors at every major local outlet. 50 new contacts not included on my 2016 list have been added.
  • A short list of the 25 most important contacts in Chicago media, a press release template and instructions on how to send your release out.
  • 40 contacts at national media outlets who have covered Chicago grassroots organizations.
  • 60 outdated contacts were removed from my list, all collected in their own tab so you can easily delete them from your distro list.

In 2016, press releases I distributed were covered by every major Chicago news outlet as well as in national and international publications. 



Support My Free PR and Social Media Services for Organizers

Click here to make a donation now


Each year I ask for donations to offset the costs of the free services I provide. 

Those costs include pro design apps, a professional Mailchimp account, mobile internet so I can send emergency releases, hosting for activistpr101.com, and well over one hundred hours in free services per year.

I estimate the costs come to about $100 per month, plus my time.

Click here to contribute to my 2017 fundraiser or give via PayPal.


I work to amplify marginalized voices and connect organizers with journalists.


In 2016, I helped generate press coverage for: Chicago Votes, the Arab American Action Network, Assata's Daughters, intersex activist Pidgeon Pagonis, Chicago Student's Union, Illinois Water Protectors, Women's All Points Bulletin, Lucy Parsons Labs, Lifted Voices & FM Supreme.

I back up organizers staging unannounced direct actions with breaking news alerts and coordinated social media promotion. In 2016, I worked on: a #NoDAPL Citibank shutdown, the #StopITOA traffic blockade, a NFL Draft Town shut-down to #SaveCSU & remember #RekiaBoyd, with elementary school students staging a #ByeAnita train takeover, and on the #StopTheCops mass direct actions staged at the Police Chief's Conference.

Also last year, I volunteered as a social media influencer and meme maker to generate thousands of dollars in crowdfunded donations for causes in Chicago and around the country, with a special focus on prisoner support.

National PR projects in 2016 included: the launch of a new subMedia video show, fight4medicare.com and the #Medicare4All campaign, the People's Convention at the DNC in Philadelphia, advocacy for political prisoner Martin Gottesfeld, and for political prisoners Tyler Lang and Kevin Johnson.



Check out my newest free PR resources, including:


BLOG: Contacting the Media: 5 Things to Stop Doing in 2017


PRESS RELEASES: Five New Rules for the Mobile Age




Thanks for reading! Learn more about my professional PR, social media and design services at rachaelpr.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment